Tong Torque & Tong Line Pull Systems
Contact’s tong torque systems are setting the benchmark for quality. Tong Torque Systems indicate the torque applied to drill collars, drill pipe, casing, and tubing during make-up. This is important for reducing drill collar and tool joint failure resulting from incorrect make-up.
Two main types of Tong Torque Systems are:
- CTP (Tong Line Pull) Series – Indicates make-up or break-out torque in pounds of line pull. Used for drill string components, tool joints and drill collar applications
- CTT (Joint Torque) Series- Indicates torque in foot pounds that is applied to each joint while using power tongs.
Each system comes complete with a hydraulic load cell (compression or tension), custom hose assembly, easy to read 6” hydraulic gauge and a hydraulic recharge kit (Consists of: 1 Litre Contact all weather instrument fluid and metal hand
- Accurate indicator of torque, reducing costly make-up errors
- Easy to read liquid filled hydraulic gauge
- Custom hose lengths available
- Custom dials
- Complementary recharge kit
- Target pointer on gauge to set torque targets